You don’t need to buy expensive masks loaded with unknown ingredients and harsh preservatives to get glowing skin! There’s beauty in simplicity and at Heritage Store we love creating our own Do-It-Yourself skincare products using minimal ingredients.
But don’t just take our word for it – try it for yourself! With only two ingredients, this DIY Rosewater Vinegar Clay Mask will support a cleaner, more radiant complexion.
Bentonite clay is as old as dirt… literally. Made from centuries old volcanic ash commonly found in North America, this clay has been used for centuries to help cleanse impurities and absorb both oils and negatively charged ions. No wonder such a timeless ingredient has become a staple in a variety of cosmetic products!
At Heritage Store®, we recommend Ancient Healing Clay. Since this clay is highly absorbent, it may attract and pull some not-so-pleasant impurities. Plus, you can use Living Clay Ancient Healing Clay with confidence knowing the company not only responsibly sources from the U.S.A., but it tests each lot for purity to ensure this dirt isn’t well… dirty.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known to support everything from healthy weight management efforts to radiant-looking skin. With a naturally acidic pH, this vinegar may help remove excess oils and act as an exfoliant to help remove dead skin.
We love to use Heritage Store Rosewater & Vinegar which combines apple cider vinegar with our signature Rosewater. Rosewater has skin-soothing and softening properties that may help to calm the redness that often results from this powerfully cleansing mask.
Making the Mask
- Combine equal parts Bentonite Clay and Rosewater Vinegar into a bowl.
- Use a non-metal spoon or makeup brush to stir the mixture. You will notice that the mixture will quickly bubble. This is a good sign! Also, It is important not to use metal in this process as it can negatively impact the reaction that occurs between the two ingredients.
- Once the mixture reaches a paste consistency, apply directly to the face using a brush or your finger. It is important to avoid the eyes, and lips.
- Let the mask sit for 20 minutes until it is taut and firm on the face.
- To remove the mask, rinse with warm water and a washcloth.
After care: Clay masks can be powerfully cleansing, and are known to absorb oils from the skin. Be sure to hydrate after. We recommend spraying on our Rosewater & Glycerin.
Beautiful, glowing skin does not need to come at a high cost... neither in dollars nor in potential chemical-caused damage! Rather, this fuss-free, simple, and pure DIY Rosewater Vinegar Clay Mask can help you get the complexion you crave at a price you like with ingredients you trust.